February 24, 2005

New PC

I need a new PC and since I don't yet have the fabulous riches that
may at some future time be mine, it will probably need to be a fairly
cheap and nasty one.

Below is basically what I think I need, and I'm looking for specific
advice. (ted, Andrew, anyone?) The main requirement is that it can run
Virtual PC (hence the RAM), and not games.

CPU - fully compatible, at least 1GHz
Cache - whatever
Chassis - whatever
RAM: 750meg minimum, 1G preferred
HD: at least 40G
CD: whatever
DVD: not required
Audio: whatever
Graphics: low is better
Network: Ethernet 100
USB 2.0: required
Keyboard: only if included
Mouse: only if included
Monitor: at least 17" CRT. LCD not required.
OS: Microsoft Windows XP Professional

To me, this looks like a second hand machine. Maybe a government sale?
Anyway, I'm going to try to get one like this on the weekend, pending
any better advice. (I'm trying posting to my blog via email. Hope it
works!)

No comments: