December 16, 2005

You lookin' at me?

We had our work Xmas party today and it had the usual fare: awkward conversation, bad food, endless discussions of how/why/what-sort-of/no-really-why-am-I vegetarian (on behalf of all vegetarians: sigh).

My casual Friday shirt du jour was a Neon Genesis Evangelion shirt, black and red with the NERV logo and the phrase "God's in His heaven and all's right with the world." This is my sly/cynical version of an Xmas shirt. 8)

Anyway, after a brief discussion with one of the waitresses about the NGE mangas (tee hee), I was sitting innocently at a table, when I noticed one of the (cute, young) chef type people grinning at me.

Then he pointed both fingers at me, pointed his thumbs at his chest, and gave me two big thumbs up while mugging and grinning. Reading through this, you probably know exactly what he meant, but at the time I had no idea. I actually had to stop myself from turning to see if there was anyone behind me.

Apparently, he liked my shirt.

2 comments:

emmajeans said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Polysemous said...

Merry Christmas to all vegetarians.