April 14, 2005

Bouncing fool

Last night I had a very pleasant evening of renovation and pumpkin
soup with Fiona (and Dave, Jimbo and Simon). The renovations are now
up to the re-flooring of the front rooms and part of this is removing
the slate from the kitchen and hallway. This is mostly achieved by
application of great force, but underneath the skirting boards is
where tiny chunks of slate and excess spongy black glue hide, and this
needs to be removed carefully, one clingy piece at a time.

I previously volunteered the information that removing little bits
from under the skirting boards (a process I like to call "winkling")
was kind of fun and Fiona jumped on this statement like someone who'd
happily have someone else do it. But despite my blistered thumb (A
blister from physical labour! How outrageous!) I didn't get much done,
so I'm going to visit again tonight. The boys have set up a World of
Warcraft "play date" (as Dave called it) with Chris and Amanda, so
Fiona and I will entertain ourselves.

When I got home last night, I discovered that I'd been paid early.
Lawks, it's a lot of money. It seems rather unreal actually. Some part
of me wants to not spend any of it, in case it turns out to have been
a mistake and I have to give it all back. Holy shit, it's a lot of
money. And when you consider that it was from a month when I started
on the seventh and there were three public holidays... next month
should be considerably more. Yoinks.

2 comments:

Dave said...

The rubbly grit (or should that be....'winkle'?) underfoot this morning speaks of a job well done. Thanks Mz Lindor. Now we can spend more days in knee-breaking labour finishing off the kitchen and hall!

linbot said...

No problemo, Mr the Dave.

Hey, what are you doing commenting on my blog? I thought you were off to Fiji to get a sheep and a cow and raise horses. (I finally looked the quote up.)