May 12, 2010

Tiny crocheted animals

I've only been making amigurumi for a week or so, but I thought I'd post some pictures of what I've been up to.

This pig was the first complicated thing I tried. It's based on a pattern from Wire My Soul, though I'm constitutionally unable to simply follow a pattern. :D

amigurumi,pattern

amigurumi,pattern

This is the second time I've tried this elephant, and I think it's a very cute pattern by Lucy Ravenscar. I'll be making more of these, for sure:

amigurumi,pattern

And finally, here's my favourite thing of all: a freestyle bee that I designed myself. It's inspired by the previous/next bees on the KinokoFry web comic, but simplified and 3D. I can't even tell you how cute people are when they see this. They cannot resist picking it up, squeezing it and messing with the wings. Adorable.

amigurumi,freestyle

And for educational purposes :D the base of the bee, where you can see the colours overlapping. Because amigurumi are made as spirals, there's always going to be a bit of a mess when swapping colours.

amigurumi,freestyle

1 comment:

wantsacracker said...

PIG. (is my pig)