June 04, 2005

Irregular Correspondent

I do really mean to update this blog more often.


Fun at work: we asked a vendor to quote on a solution to a problem. They came back a few days after receiving the requirements and said it would take them 100 days to develop it and outlined their plan of attack.


I thought that their plan of attack sucked, and after consulting my superiors, rang them and talked them through my solution. They really hadn't thought of doing it like that, so they needed some time to reconsider, but there might be a "dramatic reduction" in the amount of time required.


They called back the next day and revised their estimation down to fifty days. o.O


Apparently, I have good ideas.


Fun at home: Getting very excited (obnoxiously excited, probably) about the trip to Sydney tomorrow. Even the thought of boarding the train before 7am cannot dampen my enthusiasm. There's a good chance that I'll buy a record number of Japanese manga from Kinokuniya. Then the real fun begins with trawling through China town for all the other bits and pieces.


Emma-sensei will add considerably to the experience. I expect she'll really help with the "I only remember what this anime is called in Chinese" discussions that I usually have with the nice people in the Chinese bootleg stores. I don't expect the discussions to go any faster, but they'll probably be more fun.


Fun with kitties: With the cold weather, my bed has become plagued by kitties who are super-snuggly. A few nights ago, in a moment of indolent stretching, Manson managed to reach out and gently scratch one of my eyes. Bad kitty. Word to the wise: by the time you flinch, the (minor) damage is done. Definite drawback of him wanting to sleep on my pillow.

1 comment:

Polysemous said...

Update already!

:~)

I want more "Real" "Life".