May 10, 2005

Anime Con!

I update because Emma-sensei tells me to.

The annual Canberra anime convention is being held this weekend. Last year was lots of fun, and was filled with interesting people, and even more interesting Japanese stuff, including a subtitled episode of Monkey which made me gibber with glee at their voices. I'm quite absurdly looking forward to the weekend, even through the miasma of tired and busy which is currently clouding my future.

My clearance is "almost" complete. All they need is proof of every job I've held for the last ten years. *_* The easiest way to do this is group certificates, but I've moved many times over the last ten years, and had quite a few different jobs. And I've always sucked at doing my taxes. Or I could write to the companies/universities involved (those that still exist) and ask for a record of service, but this is even more outrageously unlikely to succeed.

My estimate is I'm in for at least six hours of trolling through the dim dark *dusty* past, finding bits and pieces in an ultimately futile task. I've already signed a statutory declaration that my employment history is true and correct so what good will some of the group certificates do? Well, apparently until I find them, I'll have to stay down here in exile. And since "we're" now waiting on me to find the paperwork, it's now my fault and no pressure, but we really need you upstairs.

If the above doesn't make it obvious, work is getting rather stressy. While I've been getting some very positive feedback about my performance, it's still the case that they're expecting a prototype very soon, and it's not quite ready. And a whole bunch of people went to their first ever training course about my area of expertise yesterday and now they have all these mad ideas about installing software and changing how things are done, and I'm sure I don't have the energy and time to waste explaining it to them. And cleaning up after them when they fuck it up.

Hmm, could be I'm just tired and grumpy this morning. I think I should have a big drink of water and get the fuck over myself. 8)

1 comment:

emmajeans said...

Every job in the last ten years?
damn!
Is it a test of memory, to see if you can remember where you worked and when?
Have you invented or embellished anything on your stat dec?
hmm... could have fun with that!